I saw Dr. Youssef today. The waiting room is small and the wait was short. Bravo.
"How do you pronounce your name, doctor?" I asked.
"Yow-seff," he replied. "Like Joseph - but Egyptian."
"Ah. I see."
He ran an ECG on me. That's where they hook umpteen electrodes up to you with sticky fly paper. He says the heart is good and yes, I can safely join a gym.
"I want you to run three hours a day," he said, patting my belly. I just about fell over. He shrugged his shoulders and giggled. That crazy Egyptian humour...
Anyways, I quite like him. I have to go for X-Rays Monday and see him again in a week.
Blooming on the Barbed Wire
-
Blooming against the fence. Blooming on barbed wire. It's not the stuff of
dreams, not the heart's desire. But still it does its best. The blooms are
prof...
23 hours ago

1 comment:
What the? That was an update?
Did the doc give you any info on the lump? My guess is that it's a cork you accidentally swallowed.
Of course, I'm not a doctor. But I play one on TV.
zoedhbr
Post a Comment