I pulled ahead with one hand on the wheel and the other clutching my coupon and cash.
The youth in the window wore a swoopy golf shirt, a golden arches baseball cap and a big smile. "Hey is that a Chrysler Intrepid?" he says.
"Sure is."
"My dad LOVED his Intrepid. He still talks about it."
"Yeah I know." I handed him my papers.
"Oh wait; I talked to you before about this didn't I?"
"Yep!"
"Sorry!"
"No problem. It's nice to see the same employee twice in this place for a change!" said I. "I guess things are going really well for you here."
"Ah..." he gave me an awkward grin.
"Or should I say really not well? That you're still here?"
He glanced over his shoulder before whispering "Exactly."
Blooming on the Barbed Wire
-
Blooming against the fence. Blooming on barbed wire. It's not the stuff of
dreams, not the heart's desire. But still it does its best. The blooms are
prof...
22 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment