Monday, March 13, 2023

Here's yer sign

Today I walked, or rather stumbled, out of the townhouse I have called home for the last 12 or so years; as long, I think, as I've called any place home, for what might be the last time. I dragged my last nine parcels out with me.

Excuse me. I nodded off there just now. Have not slept much at all lately. High hopes for tonight though. 

The taxi driver came with van at a surcharge as requested. He looked at the walker and my bags and said:

"Is that all coming?"

Translation: "I wish that wasn't all coming."

Me: "Yes."


Top-Ten Answers I should have said:

10. No. They'll follow us on their own.

9. Let me guess: you're not aware you're a moron; are you?

8. As long as they're not on fire.

7. No; just every other bag.

6. Yes. And I really pray that's the stupidest question I'm going to hear today.

5. No, just the ones that don't fly away when you reach for them.

4. I don't know. You'll have to ask them.

3. Hey, that's a great idea! Yeah; let's bring 'em all!

2. Does the Pope shit in the woods?

1. No. They're just breathing heavy.                                                                                                                     

No comments: