Idling on a one lane bridge
Unmindful of the race
I tripped upon your whisper
Dissolved in your embrace
And then you served me seconds
Though I only begged a taste
Now I wonder where I'd wandered
Had I never seen your face
Idling on a one lane bridge
Too weary for the chase
I contemplate the river
A path to some far place
And the shackles of my own design
That bind me to this base
While I wonder where I'd wandered
Had I never shared your space
And I won't say those words
And you will let me know
Is this structure solid
And does the river flow
Or is it me who's drifting
How can I really know
Idling on a one lane bridge
Just gazing into space
And the shadows on your features
The firelight displaced
This dire infatuation
Is anything but chaste
Still I wonder where I'd wandered
Had I never known your grace
And I won't say those words
And you will let me know
Is this structure solid
And does the river flow
Or is it me who's drifting
How can I really know
(instr.)
Is this structure solid
And does the river flow
Or is it we who're drifting
Who could really know
Idling on a one lane bridge
A crippling lack of haste
Won't serve to span the chasm
Revelation won't erase
Oh to find that golden land
And leave without a trace
To weave the light and darkness
And blanket this disgrace
And I won't fall in love with you
Unless you wish it so
And I won't say those words to you
Until you let me know
(Instr.)
And I won't say those words
And you will let me know
Blooming on the Barbed Wire
-
Blooming against the fence. Blooming on barbed wire. It's not the stuff of
dreams, not the heart's desire. But still it does its best. The blooms are
prof...
22 hours ago

1 comment:
Hmm, I've been gone a long time, haven't I? I seem to have missed your move to Hamilton.
Post a Comment