Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Thank God It's Over


51323 words in November. It was great to hang out with delightful writer pals all month. The pictorial theme this year was 1980's video game. So the stickers and everything are grotesquely pixilated. I guess they thought it would be cute. What's that old eighties saying? Gag me with a spoon?

This first draft will certainly get finished - perhaps during April's Camp NaNoWriMo. It will be a long first draft. A few friends want to read it because they took part in a role-playing exercise to help me orchestrate the sequence of events. But whether I ever carve it up with a proper edit is questionable. I'd only go to the trouble if I anticipated significant market appeal and I don't know if I'm up to the task of banging a book into the standard fantasy genre parameters.

No comments: