Saturday, August 06, 2022

Today is the first day...

... of a new era: life without grandparents. 

I was blessed to have six of them, and blessed to have one who outlasted the rest by decades. She was a living great great grandmother. Five generations living at once; four now.

She was simple, kind, loving; ever dependable in these traits; as unpretentious as it gets. She liked bingo and phone calls from relatives. She played her Nintendo (NES) for decades after the rest of us moved on. We used to meet for breakfasts on a regular basis and we thought we were near the end of the long pause; thought we were gonna finally get together again soon. But time ran out. That's okay. Little pains and hardships had long grown into major ones. She was ready to call it quits I think.

I'm grateful for all the time and love she gave me. I'm glad she is not suffering. I'm hoping my aunt and uncle are... okay. It must be real hard to lose a great mom.

Love you.

NDR

No comments: