About twenty four years ago, Peter Pan, an on-and-off motorcyclist, informed me that it was wise to leave extra room when driving behind a motorcycle; more space than you would normally allow behind another car. Because if there is some kind of accident and a motorcyclist comes off his bike, you really don't want to run him over.
I took that advice and for twenty four years I have allowed that extra space.
The other day, driving on a major street, I was following a motorcycle. It started to rain and very suddenly, the bike slid out from under the rider and he fell to the road in front of me.
I stopped in time. The rider was okay. The bike not too badly damaged.
The lesson was valid. May you pass it on.
FWG
Blooming on the Barbed Wire
-
Blooming against the fence. Blooming on barbed wire. It's not the stuff of
dreams, not the heart's desire. But still it does its best. The blooms are
prof...
22 hours ago


No comments:
Post a Comment