Tuesday, June 30, 2015

It’s NaNo Eve…

Tomorrow is July 1st. A special holiday. It is the first day of Camp NaNoWriMo edition two. The second opportunity of the year to set a writing volume goal and have a community rally around it; the virtual accountability structure that helps motivate us normally-solitary discipline-lacking writers to remember that we are writers and to keep up with our work.

In the April session I started a very heavy project; probably the most important book I will ever write – if I can write it, and became overwhelmed by the outrageous scope of it fairly quickly. The object though, was to go in unprepared and wing it – to see if I could actually learn how to do it. And by that I mean, how to simply approach it.

I learned a few things in the attempt, both good and bad, but still not enough to actually know what I’m doing. And I haven’t touched the project since mid-April. And now, with my head slightly more prepared than last time, and again with no real preparation, I shall take my second stab at writing the book that I believe the world absolutely needs to hear.

And I vow that I will keep taking as many tries at this as I need to.

No comments: