Wednesday, January 02, 2019

The projects

I'm sorry for cluttering this blog with all my housekeeping. These recent articles are really only here to help me get my head on straight:  

So here’s me trying to finally take the advice received for more than a decade from several close associates who work in the project management realm and are probably really good at it. This is my attempt to organize my project goals so as to work on them one at a time and get them completed. Something tells me I might not be doing this exactly right:


NOVELS
Priority: Crazy Legs
Back Burner: 7 miscellaneous
Shelved Indefinitely: 7 miscellaneous


NOVELLAS
Priority: The Million Dollar Maple (Y-A)
Back Burner: 1 project
Shelved Indefinitely: 2 projects


SHORT FICTION
Priority: The Hoot’n'Nanny collection (11 stories)
Back Burner: 1 story


NON-FICTION
Priority: The Universal Perspective (poetic compendium - working title)
Back Burner: various climate essays


BLOG PROJECTS
Priority: 7 miscellaneous projects
Back Burner: 8 miscellaneous projects


ORIGINAL BOARD GAMES 
Priority: Zinger, Red Herring, Family Dysfunction, Prestige, Mornington Crescent, List It
Back Burner: 13 miscellaneous


BOARD GAME ADAPTATIONS
Priority: Quantify
Back Burner: 8 miscellaneous
Shelved Indefinitely: 1


CROSSWORD PUZZLES
Back Burner: “Crosswords for Hipsters, Beatniks and the Criminal Fringe” (working title!) 26 complete


CARTOONS
Back Burner: 2 projects


HUMOUR
Back Burner: “astrology” project, GoFundMe project, 3 stand-up routines


RPG’S
Priority: “Minerva” as DM
Back Burner: 2 enterprises as player
Shelved Indefinitely: 2 projects


COMMUNITY “PROJECTS”
I hesitate to include this because these are much more than projects. These are relationships. These are real people. I include them because realistically I must budget my time and organizational attention for them just as I budget for everything else:
Priority: Guitar Man, Lonely Lumberjack, Theatre Guy, Soul Man, Grampa Munster
Back Burner: 5 projects
Shelved Indefinitely: 1 project  

  
“EVOLUTION”
Priority: 2 “clients”
Back Burner: 1
  

HEALTH
Priority: 4 projects 


ORIGINAL SONG RECORDINGS, FILMING FOR MUSIC VIDEOS, INTERVIEWS, INTERACTIVE FICTION, CHILDREN’S FICTION AND POETRY:
32+ projects on Back Burner!

This is all a brief summary drawn from a master spreadsheet full of details. I have now added columns for importance and urgency which feed the aggregate priority column, which… will now tell me what to do?

If anyone actually skimmed through all this, I wonder what you’re thinking. Am I nuts?

No comments: