Friday, September 16, 2022

No one wants to get killed I guess

So I promised to try again tomorrow, which has magically become today but in eleven minutes will become tomorrow; otherwise known as the day after. And I can already see that this is going to be a hopeless pool of drivel to be deleted or just never posted.

Whatever I wanted to say yesterday and put off until today - I don't remember what it was. And now there are nine minutes remaining.

I watched a Netflix flick called Kindergarten Teacher and it started a little tame I thought but then snuck up on me and grabbed me by the nuts toward the end. One of those well-crafted character pieces that really resonated. Great film if you're blessed with empathy. If you totally don't get it that's okay. You're probably just one of those empathy-starved monsters that seem to be arising more and more often in society. Or maybe I'm just one of those people getting really good at spotting them. Anyway don't worry about it. It's fine to be a monster. Monster is just a label. Don't worry about it. You're as entitled to life as anything. It's not your fault that society was built with the lame assumption that everyone has empathy. Sometimes I have seen myself as a sort of vampire assistant who falls in love with a person starved of empathy (it's a real pattern) and I know how to help them fake it and make life better for them but we never get to that point because I'm too scared to talk about that subject with them. Insulting a person without empathy - well - that might get you killed. Who knows?

Cheers

No comments: