I walked alone on a moonless night.
I walked alone but for the sounds
Of my boots upon the ground
And the raindrops on my hat
And the wind in my ears.
I almost never saw him;
Only a few short strides away.
The deer stood statue still
And so then did I
But he was more still than me.
Then I saw another frozen figure,
Much like me but formed
Of material alike the deer.
Of course, it was a Santa.
I sighed and went home.
Such is life in the suburbs.
Blooming on the Barbed Wire
-
Blooming against the fence. Blooming on barbed wire. It's not the stuff of
dreams, not the heart's desire. But still it does its best. The blooms are
prof...
23 hours ago

3 comments:
I liked the comic touch there...
In anchorage, you get real elks roaming the suburbs.
that is soooooo funny. i once was convinced that i saw a real moose in a field north of town, but it was some comedian put up a plywood cutout.
I love it, I love it, I love it.
But what to my wandering minds eye did appear but fwg and a statue reindeer!
tati
Post a Comment