Friday, January 19, 2007

Cranky FWG

I was a bit grumpy today. Here's my first interaction with another human being this morning. I warn you - it was 9:05 AM and I was still half asleep.

FWG's Boss: "Good morning - oh - hey - you got your ears lowered!" (I got a haircut last night. Whoop-dee-do.)

FWG (With a momentary look of utter disgust as he swivels in his chair to address the intruder): "Yeah well - I asked to have monster truck tires installed but they couldn't do that. So I just got the ears lowered."

FWG's Boss (his turn to look momentarily utterly disgusted): "What? That doesn't make any sense!"

FWG: "It's makes just as much sense as getting my ears lowered. You started it."

FWG's Boss: "Mm. Yeah - I guess you're right."


That pretty much sums up our relationship - and I mean that in a good way.

3 comments:

Babs Gladhand said...

Fwig - I was in a poopy mood today, too! Coincidence or some strange internet virus?

"You got your ears lowered" is one of my most hated phrases. Ever.

You can't believe how impressed I am that you got the monster truck tires comeback out when still sleepy and grumpy.

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Gosh. Thanks. As always you're too kind. I sincerely hope you're feeling considerably less poopy today.

A thousand praises for your use of the word 'poopy' by the way. It's one of my pet sayings that I'm working at bringing back into vogue - along with gee-willikers, ee-gads, swell and my stars!

Although I've learned that loudly announcing, "Excuse me, I have to go make poopies." is not an effective way to endear people to the word.

(Excuse me - I have to go make gnobpv)

Kathleen said...

That comment ranks right up there with people who respond "No, I got them all cut." when someone says, "Hey, you got a haircut." I want to smack them. My favorite, though, is when someone says, "Someone got their hair cut." And that's it. No, "and it looks good."