Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Aequitas: The Straight Man

FWG assures me his is a lighthearted blog, but what is humour without the stern straight man for reference?

I go by Aequitas. You may call me Sir. I lead a very mundane life as a short-order cook, and soon-to-be student. Clearly, I enjoy writing, and, you'll find, talking about myself at length.

My job affords me the opportunity to observe people in every state of being; over their morning coffee, lunch with business associates, or totally FUBAR'd on karaoke night. All this has taught me one thing; no matter your race, religion, gender, age, or financial status, everyone is capable of being remarkably fucked up. A lot of times it's humourous. Sometimes, it's sad. Usually I take something away from that...unless, of course, I'm getting my ass handed to me by the printer.

Every time I hear a dot matrix, I die a little inside...

This is to be my (occasional, but hopefully frequent) contribution to FWG's fine little junction of tubes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy Sir.

Kathleen said...

Welcome, Aequitas. I hope you update more often than FWG has of late...just sayin'. ;-)

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

A very warm welcome aboard, sir. I know you've obtained much insight into the nature of man. I look forward to any glimpses you care to share here; as well as some of your excellent poetry perchance?

But please don't feel any pressure. Any ol' blurbs are welcome here. Heck, throw a few grapes on a cat's head and it qualifies as a post! We're not fussy.

Babs Gladhand said...

Do I really have to call you Sir? Where did you come from? Not that I don't like you having you around, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Especially your angry face - it's quite the turn on.

So, welcome and I look forward to more of your contributions.

(Pssst...Fwig...is this a real person, or is it one of your alter egos?)

Aequitas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aequitas said...

No one need call me Sir. I just prefer it.

But one day I'll be a knight. I just KNOW it!

Babs: Yes, I'm a real, separate, flesh and blood entity.

I came...from beyond the dark side of the moon OoOoOOoO.

Claudia and Kathleen, thank you each for the welcome.

Fwig: Pretty sure that throwing grapes on a cat's head is some form of animal cruelty or other.
Y'know...just sayin'.

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

Aequitas is as real as they get, Babs. I only have one personality. Not that there's anything wrong with having multiple personalities. No, there isn't! Isn't what? Anything wrong with multiple personalities! I know - that's what I said. I know - I heard you. So shut up then. No, you shut up.

Babs Gladhand said...

I have many, many personalities, and I love everyone of them. Except for #4.

Aquetas - I come from the dark side, not of the moon, though. Just the dark side.