Monday, February 04, 2008

Superblah

I’m normally very appreciative of the very competent defenses you see in the NFL but not so much at Superbowl time. I found the game a bit of a snoozer.

I was delighted with the ending though. Was rooting for the Patsies to lose. We hates them, don’t we, Smeagol? Yes. We hates them. A perfect season equals nineteen wins and a superbowl. Eighteen wins and a superbowl loss? Nice. But not perfect. Bully for trying.

I’m very happy for Mr. and Mrs. Manning who must be thrilled to have their son and daughter both win superbowls and MVP’s in consecutive years!

Although I don’t think they should have even awarded the MVP this year. I didn’t think any player stood out. Maybe they should have given it to the chief groundskeeper. He did an excellent job with the field. I know because I could inspect every individual blade of grass on Uncle Joel’s 70-something-inch high-def TV screen. I could even see how clean or dirty the receivers’ fingernails were as balls sailed by them uncaught. And you could even tell when Tom Brady farted. You could pick up subtle disturbances in the air behind him and on pause mode you could even see the tiny poo molecules.

Or they could have given the MVP to half-time hero Tom Petty who managed to croak out the oldies while simultaneously spooking out the front row fans with his new Saruman look. Very nice.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh. I was at work, and when I took my last break there were half of the stores employees upstairs watching it. I said "Is it halftime yet?" and got dirty looks in response.

What can I say? I like Tom Petty.

Babs Gladhand said...

I had no desire to watch the SB this year. Not even for halftime or the commercials.

Give Tom a few years and he will look exactly like Saruman.

Freaky

Fantasy Writer Guy said...

I like Tom Petty too.

Kathleen said...

I'm with Babs, although I can say that every year. I simply don't care.

I did, however, want the Pats to lose.

Anonymous said...

I have to say it was the first time I had fun watching football (sacrilege?) I'll admit launching into the air over that crazy-impossible-long NY Giants pass in the drive to their final touchdown ;). -- had to cheer for the underdog!

Heida