Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bad FWG makes the grade

I took my road test this morning. The inspector was a very nice young man named Jason. I feel bad now for suggesting his ilk be turned into slaves or dog food. He gave me a passing grade even though I didn't know to put my emergency brake on after parallel parking or after making an emergency roadside stop. The latter threw me for a bit of a loop, I'll tell you.

"When it's safe to do so, I'd like you to make an emergency roadside stop," said Inspector Jason.

'What does that mean?' I wondered. 'Should I slam on my brakes?' Instead I broke down the phrase. Emergency. Road-side. Stop. Then I stopped at the side of the road and put on my emergency blinkers. Apparently that was close enough.

His only other comment: "You could drive a little bit faster. The safest speed is the speed of the other traffic."

Yeah, okay. He should see me when I'm not trying to impress an inspector. How does he think I ended up in this mess?

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

LOL! Love that Jason suggested you speed, essentially.

Emergency brake? Is he kidding. I'm not sure mine even moves, as it never has and the car is now 7 years old.