Thursday, June 14, 2018

Hi everybody!

What is this? Year 12 of my ongoing effort to convince myself to blog every day? As you can see (if anyone still comes here) it’s going smashingly well.

I’d really like to be in the habit of posting smaller blurbs but more often.

In no particular order, here are some things that are new!

1. the health problems/reduced work/reduced income/financial challenges/grocery compromises/weight gain/health problems vicious circle is rolling viciously along. I am gently attacking it from a couple different angles. No big breakthrough yet but hope remains..

2. I should be cottaging with Earth Writer, Dog Whisperer, Aqualad, and Aqualad’s very fun yet-to-be-aliased girlfriend - oh and three small nutty dogs - the last week of June. It’s an opportunity for several positive endeavours

3. I spent about two weeks in bed after having a bad spill on the stairs and later suffering a related injury, wherein I discovered a video game that has seized me in the throes of addiction. It is basically a virtual world with a wide open creative palette of the kind that engages my vast creative urges in the most instinctively compelling way ever. Now I know what the word addiction really means. I could actually imagine giving up every goal, relationship and useful habit I have and just doing this forever. That scenario should be horrifying to me and yet is not. It would be insane because there is probably no possible noble application for this kind of creativity whatsoever. I’m hoping that one of my young (D&D group) gaming-expert counsellors is correct on this matter who suggests that I just need to survive the honeymoon period and the game will become less compelling with time. I am only just starting to see that this is possible.

4. Terry-ann (Tati) has passed away. I received a message from her husband using her likebook account, asking me to call him. I knew, at once, why of course. He said he was informing those she considered a good friend. She and I were only good friends for a couple years I guess. And then I never came around any more. Her personality seemed to change into something I found hard to relate to. No, I said, I was not a good friend to her. I haven’t seen her in years. When you procrastinate visiting someone who is very easy to avoid, for long enough, then it becomes less about procrastination and more about how to explain why you’ve been absent so long. So… yet another dead associate who’s dying I handled very poorly. I’m batting a thousand.

5. Long Time Companion has cycled through ten different doctors now, in more than a year of suffering and not working, and no one has properly nailed down what is wrong with him. He is determined not to live in this circumstance much longer. I believe he is fully sincere about that. I believe we are running out of time before he takes things into his own hands and departs with dignity. I would prefer that every avenue be exhausted first, Including perhaps the liquification of all his assets which would probably fetch close to seven digits, and moving to the States to purchase every medical treatment he fancies in a last-ditch gamble to get a life back, even if he’s piss poor at the end of it.

Okay there’s much more but I’m going to make five items the limit. I’ll be back soon with some more-positive news.

No comments: