Monday, July 25, 2022

There comes a proud moment in every young man's life...

... when you become so technology-dependent you'd be dead without it. I couldn't have been older than 45 when I hit that mark. Maybe it was earlier. Maybe a lot earlier.

My CPAP machine died a horrible death about two weeks ago. Thanks likely in part to supply chain issues and likely in part to wild demand stemming from a huge recall event, my wait for a new one will probably be counted in months. My friend Super Priest has already been waiting months for his. Mind you he still has his old (cancer-causing) one in working condition meanwhile. Lucky jerk.

Anything resembling normal sleep is now impossible so I've been sitting upright for the last 300 hours hoping to fall asleep and hoping to stay asleep for more than a minute. This comes true once every 24 hours or so, usually between sunrise and noon and lasts for two or three hours. I survive on that and little catnaps here and there.

That said, I've been feeling great. Not tired at all. Yesterday I cleaned the house from top to bottom. Saturday I performed a surprise concert on the roof, and the day before that I took a flight on the Hindenburg. Also this paragraph is bullshit. I am a zombie most of the time and trying not to be miserable about it.

Hoping to land a rental unit soon. Surprisingly there are some available.




No comments: