Monday, May 08, 2023

Loose ends

After a three-week run if antibiotics we're waiting and watching to see if it continues clearing up on its own. Either way the skin is a long way from healing and I'm a long way from losing the uncomfortable daily dressings.

The kidneys remain close to fully recovered. My blood sugar is tame. They've ceased my daily bloodwork for now, thank goodness, because without the dialysis line in my neck anymore, the nurses have to jab me looking for my super secret veins and often fail, even repeatedly and my anxiety leaps about ten levels every time they fail and have to stab again.

The shooting neuropathic pains in my left leg have calmed down thanks to meds and the strategic use of pillows. Sitting up straight is painful though, on my sore ass, so I type this lying back which is a figurative pain in the ass. It makes me resistant to doing serious work on my laptop which leads to too much movie watching and restlessness. Having visitors was the only uncomplicated sanity-making activity and I was very lucky for a time. Dog Whisperer, Earth Writer, The Healer, LaxMastermind, JV, Grandpa Munster... the Earnest Chef and his partner came and brought me a nice brand new pen. Chess Champ has been twice as has the Illicit Sweetheart whom I hadn't seen in years and Aqualad who got my laptop charged for me! Professor Plonk and Captain Vino came for a long stay filled with laughs.

Mom has been many times but has settled into a once-a-week slot. I won't lie. I'm getting lonely now. A couple of young volunteers have dropped in and were happy to stay and chat for a while but company is drying out. I'm restless.



No comments: