Friday, February 09, 2007

Form 3499B: Notice of Vacationment

Here I sit broken hearted.
At the library. I done been carded.

Okay folks - I'm under too much pressure to come up with anything interesting to say.

Our internet at home is not working and god knows how long it will take for Steve-o-Designated-I.T.-Guy and the delightful folks at Ye Olde Cheap As Dirt Internet Company to get their heads together and get this crap sorted out. It took these two parties something like two months (no exaggeration, I swear) to get the account up and running in the first place so I'm not holding my breath.

On top of this I'm on vacation from workee until the 19th of February or something like that (whatever Monday falls closest to that number) so the only computers at my disposal are at this freaking library where the internet terminals advertise 30-minute sessions but then you log on and discover immediately that there are 16 minutes remaining (hmmm...) and then you discover that they have the world's slowest connection here and it takes 12 minutes just to load the first internet page.

So the whole arrangement here is just entirely asinine.

uh-oh. Running out of time.

Cutting to the chase -- I have no idea how much I'll be around for the next 9 or 10 days. So forgive me if I happen to disappear. Oh dear. I'm under a minute on the countdown clockeroo. Quick! Hit the Publish button! Hit the Publ-

2 comments:

Babs Gladhand said...

Fwig - I will pray that Steve-o and the cheap-ass internet company will have your connection back soon.

Hahaha. I said I'd pray. I really do crack myself up.

Anyway, have fun on your vacation!

"Unjgecu" - doesn't sound curable, does it?

Kathleen said...

Good luck with the Internet connection. Too bad you don't have a laptop that you could take to the local wi-fi place.